Monday, May 11, 2009

Wow!!! I can't believe I was just able to post pictures. I thought the day would never come.

Well sorry it has been so long since I have written. It's been difficult to find time to write let alone have the internet work in my favor. Life is great here in Zim though! I am still loving it and I feel so blessed to have been given this opportunity.

Work is really busy but I am really liking it. I am still helping with the implementation of a nutrition programme in addition to attending trainings and workshops. Last week I was able to attend our National Office Rapid Response Team training in Hwange. It helps the national staff prepare for when an emergency happens so there was a simulation excercise that we had to go through after learning all of our polocies and protocols for responding to a disaster.

Life outside of work is great too. I went on a safari with some friends and saw a lot of animals. It was really quite neat. I also attended the HIFA international arts festival which has performers from all over the world performing music, dance poetry and theatre and also displaying art. It was so much fun and I was able to hear different kinds of music I had never heard before.

Anyway, my boyfriend is coming to visit in 18 days, not that I'm counting or anything, so I am really excited. Yay!

Well I'll push my luck and try to post more pictures. I want to publish this before my computer freezes, the internet goes down or the electricty goes out.

Miss you all back home!!!! Lots of love!!! Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment